March 23, 2021
Las Vegas Market provides sourcing inspiration through Market Pros program
Las Vegas Market is improving pre-market preparation and providing sourcing inspiration through its brand-new Market Pros program. The program will feature market tips and favorite at-market products finds from six influential industry professionals on the @LasVegasMarket Instagram page during April 2021 Market, running Apr. 11-15, 2021.
“We refreshed our popular View on Vegas Instagram Takeover program for April Market to include designers as well as other important industry influencers,” said Dorothy Belshaw, chief customer and marketing officer for International Market Centers (IMC). “This new program covers the breadth and depth of Las Vegas Market’s gift and home offerings, shares real-time product highlights, and provides pre-market need-to-know tips from some of the industry’s tastemakers and thought leaders.”
The April 2021 Market Pros lineup includes:
- Designer Kelly Finley, founder of Joy Street Design (@joystreetdesign) in Oakland, California
- Designer Nayoka Simone, founder of NyRai Interior Designs (@nayokasimone) in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- Retailer Shannon Gilley, owner of R Cubed Lifestyle (@rcubedlifestyle) in Sacramento
- Retailer Donna Steakley, director of tourism at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, Texas (@zaggift)
- Resigner Rheana Coon, principal of Design MODE (@designmodestyle) in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Designer/retailer Leah St. Clair, owner of ArtAndHomeLV (@artandhomelv) and lighting and décor consultant for Lamps Plus in Las Vegas.
To help with pre-market preparation, each of the six Market Pros have provided three suggestions to improve the market experience. The tips, which are published on the Las Vegas Market website and will be posted on social media leading up to market, include market essentials such as wearing comfortable shoes and bringing a back-up battery charger to preparing for market by conducting vendor research and pre-scheduling at-market appointments.
“The amount you will see is overwhelming and you will take so many photos you will start to forget where you saw the different items,” Rheana Coon from Design MODE, offered. “I snap a photo of the showroom sign before I walk inside so that I know that anything in my camera roll after that snapshot is from that showroom. Some showrooms don’t allow photos, so just make sure first, and have a notebook on hand to write down reminders for yourself.”
During market, the Market Pros will feature their favorite finds and trends on the @LasVegasMarket Instagram. The schedule includes:
- Kelly Finley on Apr. 11
- Nayoka Simone on Apr. 12
- Shannon Gilley on Apr. 13
- Donna Steakley on Apr. 14
- Rheana Coon on Apr.l 15
- Leah St. Clair on Apr. 16
Las Vegas Market runs Apr. 11-15, 2021, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.