June 17, 2020
Dallas Total Home & Gift Market opens with new, expanded showrooms
Dallas Market Center, a lifestyle marketplace in North America, provided details for the summer edition of Total Home & Gift Market, Aug. 19-25, 2020. The marketplace will feature new and expanded showrooms, hundreds of Temps and inspiring displays, all inside a large, socially distant marketplace.
“Our country and our customers were hit hard by the pandemic but economic recovery is underway and being powered by retailers eager to re-stock and get back to business with renewed purpose. We are mindful of two important missions this summer: to support the retail rebound and to offer careful health measures. On both counts Dallas represents a safe, wide-open, supportive marketplace ready to serve customers this summer,” Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center, commented.
Several exhibitors will debut in Dallas or cut the ribbon on expanded spaces. Among those celebrating expanded showrooms are:
- Elegant Furniture & Lighting, WTC 10080
- The Royal Standard, TM 2020-1032
- Cohasset Gift and Garden, TM 2232
- Unique Loom, located in IHDC 1D112, is a family-owned business with decades of experience in rug design and manufacturing.
- Curated, presented by Paul Michael and represented by In-Detail, debuts in WTC 615 and features high-design home furnishings including hand-crafted furniture, one-of-a kind art, decorative accessories and antiques.
- Crown Linen Designs, WTC 205, presents linen tabletop, bedding and apparel of the highest quality at incredible prices.
- Katie Loxton, WTC 205 A, showcases its fashion and lifestyle brand that offers chic, everyday accessories that are directional in design and full of charm. Categories include handbags, pouches, gifts, and fashion accessories.
- Kitras Art Glass, TM 2442, a large Canadian hot glass studio, features beautiful glass and gifts.
- Gaucho Sheep & Leather, WTC 6272, is a supplier of iconic American Western and Southwestern cowhide home décor, accessories, and gift items.
- Sparkles Rhinestones, TM 1767, offers wholesale rhinestones and bling decoration needs in hundreds of varieties.
- Inside The Gallery at the Interior Home + Design Center, a 32,000 square foot showroom of 18 different home décor, home accents, furniture, and lighting lines, offers new resources: Stanton Gray, Boxcar House, Eloise World Studio, and Paul Montgomery plus an expanded Legend of Asia.
New exhibitors in Gourmet Market, WTC 180, include Double Barrel Honey and Isabelly’s Sweet Treats. Relocated are Maine St. Shoppe, 180-A50, and Primeware, 180-A25.
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market will present hundreds of new and returning exhibitors. Buyers will explore four Temp neighborhoods, including newly renovated space on WTC 11, to discover hot new products and brands.
- Trade Mart 1: Luxe Gift
- World Trade Center 11: Gift, Home & Design, and Fashion Accessories
- World Trade Center 12: Apparel
- Market Hall: Cash & Carry, Artisan Cash & Carry, Vintage Home Décor
New Health & Safety Guidelines
Dallas Market Center is also focused on extra measures to ensure that the market is safe to visit and promotes good health and strict social distancing.
- New guidelines are outlined on the front page of its website and include:
- wearing masks
- social distancing
- operational changes: deep cleaning and no gatherings
- limited food options: Individually packaged and to-go food service from multiple outlets.
- Along with these new steps, there are safety measures that are part of the design of our marketplace: open parking, large entryways, quick registration in multiple areas, wide hallways, multiple escalators, and showrooms with controlled access to allow for the appropriate distance between customers.
There are no appointments required but while on campus everyone should follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control regarding good hygiene, sanitation, and social distancing.
Special Hotel Offers
Dallas Market Center partner hotels are offering new, lower rates to support buyer travel budgets. Dozens of hotels, many within walking distance of the campus, are offering updated rates as low as $99. Rates valid until 2 weeks prior to Market, based on availability and are subject to change at any time so please reach out to Market Travel online or by calling 214-744-7444.
Digital Events and Displays
Recognizing the need for inspiration and education at a distance, the market presents digital programming before and during the show. Videos, email content, and social media posts will provide product previews and business intelligence from Dallas Market Center and industry thought leaders. While at the show, interactive displays will feature new product insights and business intelligence on demand.
Spark Magazine: In Good Company
A special edition of the official market magazine will arrive in buyer mailboxes and in boxes in July with the theme of working together for business recovery. The issue centers around the concept of being In Good Company and will provide plenty of inspiring stories of adaptation and inspiration for businesses on the rebound as well as product previews for what’s new across the marketplace.
Retail Excellence Awards: A Virtual Edition
The 69th Annual Retailer Excellence Awards honoring leading retailers, originally scheduled to take place live in Dallas but will be held virtually on August 6.
StyleEyes Trend Scouts Return
The knowledge and taste-making skills of leading industry influencers mark the return of StyleEyes. The group of trend scouts will identify must-see and unique products and trends across the marketplace including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday/floral and fashion.
For more information, visit www.dallasmarketcenter.com.