September 9, 2022
GCA Virtual Workshop & Retreat will take place September 22 & 23, 2022
The 2022 Workshop & Retreat will be a two-day virtual event on September 22nd and 23rd and open to all, with discounted registration for GCA members. Since 1988, the greeting card industry has come together each year to connect, learn, network, and gain new perspectives.
This year’s theme, Many Voices, One Community speaks to what’s at the heart of the greeting card and social expression industry.
Each maker has their own story, vibe, and authentically creates content to put out in the marketplace – that’s our “Many Voices.” Yet, we are an amazing industry that comes together to celebrate (Louies), learn from each other (Workshop & Retreat, Town Hall), and collaborate (*Noted) – that’s our “One Community.”
This year’s Workshop & Retreat will be an energizing and interactive 2-day virtual gathering filled with inspiring keynote speakers, informative sessions for growth-minded makers, and engaging breakout sessions. As with previous Workshops & Retreats, the range of audience from founders and makers at small independent publishers to the leaders of global companies with thousands of employees, brings a diverse perspective on the art and business of making greeting cards from across the country.
The content assists both individual makers just getting started and veteran companies facing their own set of challenges. The 2022 Workshop & Retreat experience features regional “meet and greet” hubs, self-care sessions, and a SWAG box [with early bird registration]!
Sessions across multiple topics include:
- How to Prepare to Sell to Key Accounts
- Consumer Trends in the Industry
- How to Avoid Burnout
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Sales Reps
- Time Management
On Thursday, September 22nd at 6pm ET, GCA will be hosting a virtual Escape Quest! A mash-up between an online escape room and a scavenger hunt where you’ll be placed in a team of other W&R attendees to solve puzzles, find clues, and escape the quest in time.
- Ticket costs are $10/person. More information will be sent separately to those who register.
Note: To participate, you’ll need to be on a computer (not a phone or tablet) and have access to Google Drive and Zoom.
On Friday, September 23rd, there will be two retreat sessions:
- Virtual Book Club 10am – 11am ET – find out how regret, our most misunderstood emotion, can be the pathway to our best life by picking up a copy of The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves us Forward – by Daniel H. Pink and start reading! Then, join Andy Meehan of Designer Greetings to share thoughts, discuss, and network with fellow industry members to make the most of what you’ve read. Even if you don’t read the book – we’d love to have you as a part of the discussion.
- In-person meet-ups will be be held once workshop sessions end at 4pm ET. If you’re interested, we currently have the below locations confirmed for a meet-up and you’ll sign up during registration. Interested in hosting a meet-up in another city? Email us at [email protected]
- Edison, NJ
- NYC, NY
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
- Denver, CO
- San Diego, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Portland, OR
- Now – September 1st: $199 for GCA members, $299 for GCA non-members
- September 1st – September 23rd: $229 for GCA members, $329 for non-members