November 18, 2022
Dallas Total Home & Gift Market set for record-breaking winter show
Reimagined Temps show with new collections set to be largest exhibition in more than ten years
The first trade event of the year serving retail decision makers from around the world, Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, takes place January 4-10, 2023 and will feature a record number of new exhibitors and collections from top brands and artisans. The centrally located marketplace announced exclusive details for the winter edition of its trade event that will showcase new brands and collections, artisan items, special exhibits, events, and celebrity appearances for the new year.
“The first show of the year is a must-attend event for retailers and designers,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “It’s more important than ever for buyers to be first in line for new collections, one-of-a-kind pieces, and best sellers. It’s also important for retailers to see in person what’s trending for the new year. We are anticipating a well-attended show, supported by loyal buyers and new buyers seeking a single marketplace to find everything they need. Buyers are increasingly seeking the best combination of inspiration and ease, which is the Dallas difference.”
Pre-registration, which is the exclusive method to receive a FastPass for quicker entry, is now available at dallasmarketcenter.com.
New Buyers Arriving
In additional welcoming loyal buyers from across the country and internationally, Dallas Market Center is preparing for the arrival of hundreds of new buyers, especially from the western U.S., upper Midwest, and southeast, where demand is strong for a single stop, comprehensive marketplace. All new buyers are encouraged to take advantage of the daily welcome tour, DMC Scoop, which includes complimentary coffee and insights from industry and market representatives talking through the marketplace and answering questions. In addition, a welcome desk and a buyers’ lounge will serve arriving buyers.
New and Expanding Showrooms
Dozens of new permanent showrooms will debut in January across the marketplace. The 10th floor of the World Trade Center has been reimagined to host multiple trade shows and design-related events. Design exhibitors previously on 10 have relocated to new showrooms including Ashore (WTC 531, TM 3383), Ethan & Associates (WTC 9048), InStyle Gallery (WTC 9050), StyleCraft Lamps, (WTC 608), Revelation (IHDC 2F448, WTC 272), and The Uttermost Company (IHDC 2F128, WTC 268).
In the World Trade Center, top holiday/floral manufacturer Regency International (WTC 407) has a new showroom on the 4th floor; d.Stevens, fine ribbons, has relocated and expanded in WTC 404; Kalalou is expanding to feature florals in Botanica by Kalalou (WTC 360); and furniture and art destination SWANK Home (WTC 9014) expands again. McManemin Company has expanded their space on the 4th floor (WTC 478). The Goods of Brand Assembly (WTC 10085) has a re-envisioned space on the 10th floor for fashion and lifestyle brands. Wrought-iron chandelier and furniture manufacturer Ashore (WTC 531, TM 3383) has relocated and expanded. Importer of French and Italian ephemeraMonahan Papers (WTC 251) has a new showroom that opened its doors in September. Home décor destination Gabby (WTC 150) expands their first-floor location on the atrium. Gourmet Market welcomes numerous new and expanded companies including Bruce Julian Heritage Foods (WTC 180-G03), Gilley’s Food & Beverage (WTC 180-B24), Fab Slabs (WTC 180-A06), Finch’s BBQ (WTC 180-C38), Prepara (WTC 180-B48) and Suck It! Jerky and Pickles (WTC 180-A36).
In the Interior Home + Design Center (IHDC), Go Home/Golden Oldies (IHDC 1D421) has expanded and introduces one-of-a-kind product offerings. Recently added in The Gallery are ceramics tabletop leader Arte Italica (IHDC 1D202-GL24), Palmwood furniture builder Pacific Green (IHDC 1D301-GL110/118), hardwood flooring at PID Floors (IHDC 1D202-GL78), high-end textiles from V Rugs & Home (IHDC 1D301-GL116), and boutique wallpaper that turns heads at Wall Snobs (IHDC 1D202-GL12).
On the 3rd and 4th floor of the Trade Mart, inside the largest lighting marketplace in North America, showrooms are preparing for the Lightovation trade event taking place January 10-13. Technology leader Samsung Electronics America (TM 4604) has relocated and expanded to showcase its modern, smart home categories from lighting to sound. Dallas is the only market center in the U.S. to have a Samsung presence. New showrooms include Innovations Lighting (TM 4904), Page One Lighting (TM 3920) while new to shared showroom Spectrum is Sarin Energy Solutions (TM 4432-4) and Treehouse Lighting (TM 4432-1).
Quorum International/Oxygen (TM 3006) expands; Livex Lighting (TM 4503) expands; Lucas + McKearn (TM 4535) expands and relocates; Designers Fountain (TM 4715) relocates; and Modern Forms is showing in TM 4301-4313. We also cut the ribbon on Market Lighting Services (TM 4808), which will offer the design community access to a range of lighting companies as well as delivery and installation.
A complete list of new, expanded and relocated showrooms is available in the current issue of Spark magazine, available online and at market.
Several Dallas exhibitors will celebrate important milestones that will be celebrated with customers including Regency, celebrating 60 years; Roman, celebrating 60 years; AFX, celebrating 85 years; and a 60th anniversary forSonneman—a Way of Light.
The Bigger, Better, Reimagined Temps
The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, January 4-7, will be the largest winter presentation in more than ten years with more than 1200 exhibitor booths including many first-time brands. Buyers will explore a full marketplace of Temps with five distinct neighborhoods to discover hot new products and brands.
- Trade Mart 1: Luxe Gift including artwork, decorative soft-goods, tabletop, gifts, accessories, children’s items and paper products. Exhibitors SanLorenzo Designs, Deb & Bill, and Fenwick Fields will be joined by dozens of other companies.
- World Trade Center 10: High Style Dallas (HSD) and Antiques. High Style Dallas will feature more than 80 booths showing the “best of the best” curated collection of gifts and décor. The collection will be a juried array of lifestyle products including Laura Park Designs, Windy O’Connor, WirrWarr Wraps, Haute Home, and many others. The Antiques collection will feature one-of-a-kind furniture and accents, decorative objects, rugs, estate jewelry, and original artwork from the ancient world to mid-century modern. Among the top antiques dealers participating are E. Alexander, ABN Rug Gallery, and Jill Barrett Interiors.
- World Trade Center 12: Body & Spa, Emerging Gifts, General Gifts, Global | Fair Trade, Gourmet Foods, HIM, Home, Made, TableTop | Housewares, and T-Shirts and More. This is the destination for the largest collection of new companies and trending products. The MADE collection includes handmade, American made, and Made in Texas gifts from companies including Second Nature By Hand, The Nola Watkins Collection, andJenny Walker. The Home collection on 12 will include Lovinflame, Capitol Earth Rugs, Stony Creek At Home, and many others. Inside the expanded Body & Spa collection will be California Mango, Creek House Honey Farm, and Aluminate Life, among others. The Gift/In Demand collection will include a special collection of paper resources from Noted as well as Indie & Main and Druville, while Emerging Gift will include The Urban Acres, Charley Jean Candle Co., and Bradley Kellie. In the T-shirts section, EMI Sportswear is joined by Frankie Jean and New York Artkings. The Gourmet/Housewares collection will include Perfectly Cordial, Thousand Oaks Barrel Co., and Jensen Farms.
- World Trade Center 13: Apparel & Fashion Accessories Temps featuringdozens of new brands to enhance one’s personal style from head to toe including Treasure Jewels, The Kenzie Collective, and Yujuu.
- Market Hall: Immediate Goods including Artisan, Gifts and Jewelry, Fine Jewelry, Home, and Vintage. Exhibitors will fill Main Hall and North Hall. New and sought-after exhibitors will include Dilworth Road, Alex Carol, Kiara Purse; Ronda Smith Designs, Green Bee Towels, and A Rare Bird; Whitewashed Home, Sono Inspired, and Cima Wholesale.
Events every day in The Temps will feature promotions and events that inspire and entertain. All buyers are invited to enter the $10,000 giveaway taking place in the Temps. Two lucky buyers who place orders in The Temps totaling at least $2000 will win a $5000 prize.
At 11 a.m. on Wednesday, January 4 in Market Hall, Blue Ocean Traders will open a container of antiques exclusively for Dallas buyers. The items are available for immediate purchase. These one-of-a-kind finds sourced from more than 15 countries worldwide can only be found in Dallas. Pick up a special guide to the Temps at the show, which has a complete list of participating brands, events, and promotions. Highlighting the events will be daily hospitality and parties. Details are also on the Dallas Market Center website.
Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, will hold the 33nd ARTS Awards on Friday, January 6 at the Hilton Anatole hotel, hosted by Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley. The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to home industry excellence and achievement. The ARTS Awards will include category awards as well as a special Academy of Achievement honor for the White Family, owners of Summer Classics, Gabby, and Wendy Jane; and a special HEARTS Award presented to Culp. The ARTS Awards Preview Party takes place on Thursday at 6 p.m. on the 10th floor of the World Trade Center. All buyers are welcome to attend; tickets are available on the Dallas Market Center website.
Special Events and Hospitalities
Events across campus will offer food, drink and fun for attendees plus moments of inspiration from experts. Highlights include:
Thursday January 5th
- Champagne Tour of Antiques with Toma Clark Haines | 1:00pm |WTC 10
- Market Hall Block Party with Live Music, Drinks, and passed Hors d’oeuvres | 3:00pm | Market Hall
- ARTS Awards Gallery Preview Party | 5:30pm | WTC 10
Friday January 6th
- The Art of Interiors with Amber Lewis | 11:00am | WTC 1 Atrium. An exciting keynote & audience Q&A with design visionary Amber Lewis.
- Meet and Greet and Book Signing with Amber Lewis at the Loloi Showroom | 12:00pm | WTC 506
- Gift Temps Fiesta! | 2:00pm | WTC 12
Saturday January 7th
- Pamper Party | 1:00pm | WTC 10. Re-energize to take on another day of market with massages, touch ups, brow threading, live music, food and drinks!
A complete list of events is available via the Dallas Market Center website.
Style Eyes Trendspotting
A panel of trend experts and retail mavens will be discovering new products at market. The Style Eyes returns as the program leveraging the knowledge and taste making skills of many leading industry social media influencers for their insights and discoveries. The Style Eyes will spot must-see and unique products and trends across the marketplace including gifts, home décor, lighting, holiday/floral and fashion. Follow along on Dallas Market Center social media channels and #dallasstyleeyes.
January events in Dallas include the Total Home & Gift Market (January 4-10, The Temps at Total Home & Gift Market, January 4-7), Lightovation (January 10-13), Dallas Apparel & Accessories Market (January 10-13), KidsWorld (January 10-13), WESA’s International Western/English Apparel & Equipment Market (January 12-15), the AETA International Trade Show (January 12-15), and the Dallas Men’s Show (January 28-30).
For upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center mobile app. Also, keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and the DMC Daily Dose.