June 27, 2020
Dallas Market Center reveals Lightovation’s 2020 Showroom of the Year winners
Dallas Market Center, a residential lighting marketplace in North America, announced the winners of the 11th annual Showroom of the Year Awards on June 24 in a Facebook Live event on the Lightovation Facebook page. The ceremony, typically held as part of the summer Lightovation show in Dallas, went virtual this year after the coronavirus crisis prompted the cancellation of the in-person lighting event.
The Showroom of the Year Awards recognizes three Showroom of the Year winners in different dollar-volume categories each year, along with three specialty awards. From entries and nominations received between December 2019 and February 2020, there were five finalists in each of three dollar-volume categories.
“It was my privilege to be able to announce the winners of the 2020 Showroom of the Year Awards live from Dallas, even if we had to gather virtually this year to celebrate them as an industry,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “All of the finalists truly represent the very best examples of retailing excellence.”
11th Annual Showroom of the Year Winners
- Revenue Under $2 Million: Village Home Stores; Geneseo, Illinois
- Revenue $2-$5 Million: NorthWest Lighting and Accents; Mount Prospect, Illinois
- Revenue $5 Million and Over: Dulles Electric Supply; Sterling, Virginia
- Outstanding Merchandising: Lightform Lighting; Scottsdale, Arizona
- Community Involvement: Idlewood Electric; Highland Park, Illinois
- Social Media Star: Progressive Lighting – Sugarloaf; Duluth, Georgia
An accomplished panel of judges reviewed the entrants of this competition:
- Bobby Berk, interior designer and Design Guru from Netflix’s Queer Eye
- Melissa Galt, an interior design business coach, marketing consultant, business speaker and author
- Caroline Hipple, president of Norwalk Furniture.
- Denney Electric Supply, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- Galleria Lighting, Greenwood Village, Colorado
- Gross Electric, Toledo, Ohio
- Light Innovations, Little Rock, Arkansas
- The Lighting Corner, Grandville, Michigan
- Lightstyle of Orlando, Orlando, Florida
- Lightstyles, Costa Mesa, California
- North Coast Lighting, Bellevue, Washington
- Western Montana Lighting, Missoula, Montana
Lightovation at Dallas Market Center, a residential lighting trade event in North America, offers decision makers an opportunity to discover new products and best-selling ceiling fans and lighting in all interior and exterior categories, along with home décor, gifts, holiday and floral, housewares and gourmet, and artisan products.
For more information, visit www.DallasMarketCenter.com.