November 4, 2019
Clarion Events shares announces Spotlight Award recipients
Clarion Events, formerly Urban Expositions, announced the recipients of the new Spotlight Awards program recognizing the souvenir/resort industry’s companies, organizations and individuals who truly stand out in three categories – leadership, career achievements and best practices.
For the 2019 Inaugural Clarion Events Spotlight Award, recipients will be recognized at a special reception during the upcoming Nov. 6-9, 2019, Smoky Mountain Gift Show on Wednesday evening, November 6 starting at 5:30 p.m. at the Gatlinburg Convention Center.
“We were delighted by the number of nominations we received from vendors, retailers and industry organizations,” Lisa Glosson, vice president, gift & souvenir portfolio for Clarion Events explained. “With this being the Inaugural year for the Spotlight Awards, we are excited to recognize the recipients who, in the midst of today’s increasingly challenging business climate, are still positively impacting the industry.”
The following winners were nominated and selected by industry peers and chosen by the Clarion Events jury panel in the following categories:
Partner Spotlight Award
Recognizing an individual or company that truly embodies the spirit of partnership as demonstrated through efforts ranging from community involvement to personnel enrichment.
- Buyer: Tommy Brown, St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis, Missouri
- Exhibitor: American Gift Corporation
Family Spotlight Award
Recognizing a family-owned business that exemplifies solid values, business qualities and best practices.
- Buyer: The Clark Family for the popular gift/souvenir shops they own throughout Port Aransas, TX, including: Robin & Robert Clark, Padre Islander, Wendy & Bruce Clark, Islander, Cassandra Clark, the Connoisseur
- Exhibitor: Mike and Rene Galer, Prairie Mountain
Friend Spotlight Award
Recognizing an individual who embodies the true spirit of friendship.
- Buyer: Donna Steakly, Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
- Exhibitor: Dan Shoemaker, Kalan LP
“Congratulations to all our winners,” Christina Bell, group show director with the Smoky Mountain Gift Show said. “Your hard work, dedication to the industry, and friendship has not gone unnoticed to your peers.”