July 24, 2019
Online bidding opens for Up on the Roof Gift for Life fundraiser
Gift for Life, the gift and home industries’ charitable organization, said the pre-event Silent Auction online bidding has opened for 15 Kathy Ireland licensed home products and Las Vegas-themed prize packages. All proceeds from ticket sales and silent auction prizes will benefit Gift for Life’s beneficiary DIFFA: Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS.
The Silent Auction will be held in connection with Las Vegas Market’s 9th annual Up on the Roof Gift for Life fundraiser. The event features special guest Kathy Ireland, who was honored by Gift for Life and DIFFA with the first Design For Life Award in 2011 for her work in the design field. Kathy and kathy ireland Worldwide support philanthropy in many powerful ways, including the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation for whom Kathy is also an Ambassador.
The Up on the Roof fundraiser draws more than 300 industry executives, who raise funds for the industry’s charity. This year’s event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, July 29, at Las Vegas Market. Partygoers will enjoy a full bar, hors d’oeuvres, dancing and the silent auction.
“The Las Vegas Market’s Up on the Roof event is always a fabulous gathering, and we’re delighted to be able to open silent auction bidding before the event for the first time,” said Matthew Katzenson, Gift for Life Chair. “We’re especially grateful to the Kathy Ireland licensees – Bush Industries, Michael Amini/AICO, Nourison, Pacific Coast Lighting and TK Classics – who donated products for this year’s auction.”
Up on the Roof tickets, may be purchased online and at specially-designated kiosks on site on C1, C8 and in the Pavilions at Las Vegas Market. For more information on the items in the Silent Auction or to bid on an item, visit https://UpontheRoof2019.givesmart.com.
Kathy Ireland Home products available for preview and bidding are:
- kathy ireland Home Desert Skies rug and five pillows (value $2,928) donated by Nourison
- kathy ireland Home Safari Dreams rug and five pillows (value $3,039) donated by Nourison
- kathy ireland Homes & Garden outdoor furniture set (value $1,300) donated by TK Classics
- Michael Amini | kathy ireland “Marina” Channel Back Accent Chair (value $639) donated by Michael Amini
- Michael Amini | kathy ireland “Romance” Armless Chaise (value $959) donated by Michael Amini
- Moderne Table Lamp (value $110) donated by Pacific Coast Lighting
- The Office by kathy ireland®, set featuring Atria 60W Writing Desk with Hutch, File Cabinet, 5 Shelf Bookcase and High Back Chair (value $1,969) donated by Bush Industries
Las Vegas-themed prizes available for preview and bidding are:
- Las Vegas Chocolate & Candy Gift Basket (value $200) donated by Connections Housing
- Three-day/two-night deluxe accommodations for two at any one of the MGM Resorts properties in Las Vegas, plus two complimentary tickets to any MGM Resorts International Cirque Shows (value $700) donated by MGM Resorts
- Two-night stay in a Boulevard one-bedroom suite along with complimentary admission to the Stratosphere Tower and rides on all three thrill rides, plus two free show tickets for MJ Live, The King of Pop and all the Hits! (value $650) donated by Stratosphere
- Two-night stay in a Deluxe Room, plus a $150 Dining Credit at Oscar’s Steakhouse (value $500) donated by Plaza Hotel & Casino
- Two-night stay in a Rush Tower Deluxe King room (value $350) donated by Golden Nugget
- Two-night stay in a Terrace One Bedroom suite with Premium View and VIP Check-in (value $650) donated by Cosmopolitan
- Two-night stay in a Tower Suite at Wynn/Encore with Tower Suite VIP Check-in. $300 Dining credit and two tickets to “LeReve” (value $1,250) donated by Wynn/Encore