August 22, 2019
NY NOW Summer 2019 Market shares strong attendance
The NY NOW Summer 2019 market opened with strong attendance and a fresh new vibrancy and excitement on the show floor; buyers were welcomed with live music, the debut of a global fashion show, and hospitalities that drew buyers in to discover an energized market and a packed opening night party.
This summer market provided a curated collection showcasing 2,300+ exhibitors presenting many thousands of brands. More than 350 totally new exhibitors and 465 exclusive to NY NOW product launches.
“The NY NOW summer market continued redefining the attendee experience with an ongoing focus on the retail renaissance that is well underway,” said Kevin O’Keefe, executive vice president, Emerald Expositions.
Many new exciting features and events were introduced that provided current market information of real value; from industry leaders along with new networking opportunities for attendees of all types.
Experiences & Events
- The first ever Fashion Runway at NY NOW – curated by Farai Simoyi, the global leader of international fashion and celebrity fashion house consultant. Models visited the booths of brands that participated in the runway and carried signs throughout the event that encouraged everyone to “ask them who they were wearing.”
- Transcend Talks – providing the absolute latest on social media best practices, real trend views from the leaders in retail and design, how to run a business and be financially successful, to inspirational stories about the passions that helped some speakers launch their businesses, and many more.
- Transcend Showcase Displays – where Robin Baron, from Robin Baron Design, Inc. worked with top industry designers Steven Favreau, Michael Tavano, Beth Diana Smith, Kiyonda Powell, Bjorn Bjornsson, Benjamin Huntington, Amal Kapen, and Joan Ravasay to create four Transcend spaces providing attendees with displays of what inspirational experience looks like.
- Holiday House NYC @ NY NOW featured six top designers led by Iris Dankner. Bringing to life the Holiday House onto the show floor to showcase the different lifestyle that can be created with products from brands while also celebrating life events and raising funds with the NY NOW Cares Silent Auction Campaign to benefit breast cancer research.
- NY NOW Awards Night – where all the winners of the “Best New Product” Awards at Summer Market were honored, together with the inaugural Renaissance Retailer winner Cooper Boone from Foundry 42+, NY NOW Legacy Award winner Ron Robinson from Ron Robinson, Inc. Plus, the 10 retailers to watch, and long time achievement awards to Karen Alweil, from Karen Alweil Studios and Michael Aram.
For a complete list of winners, visit www.nynow.com.