May 25, 2022
JuniperMarket features curated showcase of women-owned brands
JuniperMarket will present RISE, a curated showcase of women-owned lifestyle brands making market debuts, at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market this summer. The 17 brands – all currently live and selling on JuniperMarket – join International Market Centers’ (IMC) vendor community as part of ongoing efforts to support values-based commerce and bring new perspectives to its physical and digital markets.
“Our goal is to bring new voices to wholesale by empowering retailers to stock their shelves with products from women-owned businesses. Some 80% of the brands featured in the inaugural RISE showcase are helmed by women of color with founders self-identifying as API, Black and LatinX,” said Vanessa Bruce, vice president of Social Impact for International Market Centers (IMC). “We’re committed to the intersectionality of community and values, and RISE makes it easy for buyers to source values-based brands both online and at market.”
All new to Market, RISE will feature brands led by female makers and artisans selling products with values such as being cruelty-free, eco-friendly, handmade, vegan and more. The brands will be presented together as a collective within Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market temporary exhibits. To date, 17 brands are confirmed:
- API-Owned, all-natural soaps ethically handcrafted by Bangladeshi artisans who have escaped human trafficking. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- API-Owned, stationery and gifts featuring original illustrations with 100% of proceeds from select products donated to the ACLU. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Black-Owned, eco-friendly, vegan and cruelty-free skincare ethically handmade in the USA. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Black-Owned, all-natural coconut soy wax candles handmade in the USA. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- LatinX-Owned, Mexican-inspired, cruelty-free skincare handmade in the USA. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- Reusable cutlery and kitchenware. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- API-Owned, wine- and spirit-infused popcorn. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- LatinX-Owned, stylish and functional computer glasses. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
JJ Paperie and Company
- LatinX-Owned, eco-friendly stationery and home products featuring hand-drawn designs. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- API-Owned, eco-friendly candles ethically handmade in the USA with a portion of sales donated to social causes including women’s rights and healthcare. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
Naked Bar Soap Co.
- Black-Owned, artisan soaps and bath & body products with nourishing ingredients, essential oils, herbs, florals and natural colorant. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Black-Owned, eco-friendly and ethically made simple, bold and overstated jewelry. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
- Limited-edition games created in collaboration with select artists with a portion of profits donated monthly to the Loveland Foundation. Showing at Atlanta Market.
- API-Owned, vegan botanical drink infusions handmade in the USA. Showing at Atlanta Market.
Soil to Studio
- API-Owned, Artisan textiles handmade in India. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
Us Two Tea
- API-Owned, handpicked tea from Taiwan. Showing at Las Vegas Market.
- Global artisan-made kitchenware and gourmet foods. Showing at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market.
As an extension of the RISE showcases, Bruce will lead a panel of select participants in a discussion about the importance of weighing a brands’ ethics and values when sourcing new vendors and products.
Commerce For Good: The Importance of Values-Based Sourcing
- Atlanta Market – Saturday, July 16, at 10:00 a.m.
- Las Vegas Market – Sunday, July 24, at 2:00 p.m.
RISE is the latest development in IMC’s plan to highlight values-based brands at its physical markets and on its JuniperMarket B2B ecommerce marketplace. To date, JuniperMarket has onboarded nearly 200 of the 1,000+ women-owned brands selling on the Dough platform, which was founded by Bruce to showcase women-owned brands and acquired by IMC in early 2022. Buyers can learn more and shop RISE brands online at JuniperMarket.com/womenowned.
“The goal of Dough was to direct spending dollars back to women-owned companies to create economic equity. Through integration with JuniperMarket and now the introduction of RISE showcases at Atlanta Market and Las Vegas Market, we offer exponential opportunities to achieve these goals,” added Bruce. “We look forward to introducing these phenomenal entrepreneurs and their amazing products to show the IMC community of retailers how values-based commerce can help to grow business.”
Atlanta Market RISE Location
At Atlanta Market, RISE is located in the Building 3 Atrium, July 13-17, 2022. Atlanta Market is the industry’s premier gift, décor and lifestyle market. Housing the nation’s largest gift product mix complemented by a broad selection of home décor, it features more than 8,000 brands across all categories. Held semi-annually at AmericasMart Atlanta, Atlanta Market attracts retailers and designers from every U.S. state and more than 60 countries. Registration is open now at AtlantaMarket.com.
Las Vegas Market RISE Location
At Las Vegas Market, RISE is located in the Expo at World Market Center Las Vegas, July 24-27, 2022. Las Vegas Market is the leading home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting thousands of furniture, home décor and gift resources in an unrivaled market destination. Las Vegas Market’s diverse product offerings allow for cross-category commerce among these industries. The next Las Vegas Market runs July 24-28, at World Market Center Las Vegas. Registration is open now at LasVegasMarket.com.
For more information, visit www.JuniperCommerce.com.