February 11, 2021
Interior designer awards accepting applications
Las Vegas Design Center (LVDC) and the California Central/Nevada Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) are accepting applications for the seventh annual ANDYZ design awards through Apr. 30 with specially-priced “early bird” submissions available through March 31.
Winners of the ANDYZ awards, which highlight and celebrate noteworthy projects by interior designers, architects and design students in 10 interior design categories, will be recognized during the Summer 2021 Las Vegas Market, running Aug. 22-26, 2021.
“Las Vegas Design Center and Las Vegas Market are delighted to partner with ASID again to offer the ANDYZ awards for the seventh straight year,” said Cain Brodie, general manager of LVDC. “Interior designers are vital to our business and the ANDYZ awards give us a platform to celebrate and showcase their creativity and talent. We hope to be able to recognize winners in-person at a live at-market event in August.”
ANDYZ Awards Categories
The 2021 ANDYZ awards will be presented in 10 categories: Best Custom Furnishings/Product Design (not including a manufacturer’s product)
- Best Residential Kitchen Design
- Best Residential Bathroom Design
- Best Residential Outdoor Space Design
- Best Individual Residential Space Design (such as a bedroom, media room, living room, laundry room or garage, not including a kitchen bathroom or outdoor space)
- Best Multiple Residential Space Design (spaces within the same residence)
- Best Commercial Space Design
- Best Hospitality Space Design
- Best Showroom Design
- Best Student Design (for students currently enrolled in 2020/2021).
About ANDYZ Awards
The ANDYZ Awards were created in 2015 to recognize exceptional design from designers and design firms. In 2021, interior design projects in residential, commercial and hospitality categories will be judged anonymously on five main criteria – presentation, innovation/creative use of space, scale and functionality, aesthetics and overall execution – by a panel of professional and award-winning ASID designers located outside the contest area as well as an editor from 2021 media sponsor, Furniture, Lighting and Décor.
Through March 31, “early bird” submission fees are $100 per entry, and early bird student fees are $25 per entry. From Apr. 1-30, entry fees are $125 per entry, and student entries are $35. There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted. For official entry forms, contest rules and guidelines, please visit: https://cacnv.asid.org/andyzawards.
2020 ANDYZ Winners
The 2020 ANDYZ winners included:
- Christopher Grubb for Best Residential Kitchen Design and Best Residential Outdoor Space Design
- Wendy Glaister for Best Residential Bathroom Design
- Marcio Decker for Best Individual Residential Space Design
- Lori Brazier for Best Multiple Residential Space Design
- Jamie Stringham & Laura Fullow for Best Commercial Space Design
- Karen Buttrum & Casey Clark for Best Hospitality Space Design
- Michelle Youell for Best Showroom Design
- Mariol Coria for Best Student Design and Emily Esposito for Best Custom Furniture/Product Design.
Las Vegas Design Center is located on the first two floors of Building A on the World Market Center Las Vegas campus and is home to nearly 30 to-the-trade showrooms showcasing more than 120 product lines. LVDC resources include designer-centric furniture, fabrics, lighting, floor covering, wall décor, decorative accessories, and kitchen and bath resources.
Las Vegas Market is a home furnishings and gift market in the western U.S., presenting 4,300+ furniture, home décor and gift resources in its market destination.
Summer 2021 Las Vegas Market runs Aug. 22-26, 2021, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.