September 9, 2019
IMC’s Fall 2019 High Point Market offers interactive, educational programs
“IMC is delighted to provide a platform for retailers, designers and innovators to network with fellow thought-leaders and experience the latest trends at the world’s largest furnishings industry gathering,” said Dorothy Belshaw, executive vice president, chief marketing and digital officer for IMC.
IMC’s Fall High Point Market educational and social offerings will feature 18 seminars, 11 designer-led tours and numerous IMC-hosted events. Presented by industry experts and designers, the schedule of events allows retailers and designers to supplement their buying activities with complimentary programming that encompasses trends, business strategies and forecasts.
Marketgoers can attend these seminars in the Suites at Market Square Seminar Room on the Top Floor of the SAMS and in the Alden Parkes Seminar Room in the Hamilton Wrenn Design District. Events and tours will be held in various IMC properties across campus.
Fall Market Programming Highlights
- TrendWatch: Fall 2019: A program, which will give attendees an inside look at leading trends shaping the home furnishings industry.
- Fresh to Follow Local: Furnished at Market!: A mini-presentation introducing several artisans with works currently on display at Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (SECCA) and a reception onsite at the showcase.
- DesignEDGE: An Industry Summit by IFDA Educational Foundation: A market-time conference featuring top female designers casting their visions, insights and experiences.
- Light-ography: A discussion about how integrated LED lighting creates structure, movement, and color in today’s interior design world.
- Form, Function and Family: A designer-led panel discussion on how to design a space with purpose.
- The New Elegance: Designing Stylish Comfortable Rooms for Today: A presentation by Timothy Corrigan about his new book of the same title.
- Lift Up and Lead: Building Inspired Teams through Impassioned Leadership: A panel of design professionals whose impassioned leadership skills help them achieve both professional and personal success while also lifting up team members to work in their greatness.
IMC-Hosted Seminars & Events
- From Set-Backs to Success: How to Manage and Grow Your Interior Design Firm
- When Faced with Adversity, Oct. 19
- Form, Function and Family, Oct. 19
- Sherwin Williams Colormix Forecast 2020, Oct. 19
- TrendWatch: Fall 2019, Oct. 19
- What’s the Price of Fame? Defining Your Brand, Securing Your Niche and Saving Your Sanity in the Era of Self-Promotion and Cult of Celebrity, Oct. 19
- Painted Design Solutions for Commercial Spaces-How to Collaborate with Decorative Painters, Oct. 19
- Fresh to Follow Local: Furnished at Market! – Meet the Artists at Market & See the Exhibit at SECCA, Oct. 19
- Starring You: How to Expand Your Brand as a Lifestyle Expert, Oct. 20
- The New Elegance: Designing Stylish Comfortable Rooms for Today, Oct. 20
- Light-ography, Oct. 20
- Out of the Box: Nonconventional Ways to Grow Your Design Business, Oct. 20
- Building YOUR Brand: Private Label vs Licensing, Oct. 20
- DesignEDGE: An Industry Summit by IFDA Educational Foundation – Blurring Boundaries: Top Designers Who Defy the Limits of Design, Oct. 21
- The Senses of Luxury, Oct. 21
- Lift Up and Lead: Building Inspired Teams through Impassioned Leadership, Oct. 21
- Styling Interiors for Photoshoots, Oct. 21
- Hospitality and Design Panel Discussion, Oct. 21
- Let’s Dish: Looking Back is Fashion Forward, Oct. 21
- The Ins and Outs of Marketing for Real Designers, Oct. 22
- Suite Spot Tour of SALON, Oct. 18
- C&D Highlights Tour with Denise Morrison, Oct. 19
- Made in America Tour with Bauer/Clifton Interiors, Oct. 19
- Suite Spot Tour with House of Funk, Oct. 19
- Contemporary Highlights Tour with Lori Paranjape, Oct. 20
- Suite Spot Tour with Gary Inman (Hospitality Focus), Oct. 20
- Speed Stroll Through SAMS and SALON – A Taste of Morocco, Oct. 20
- Hamilton Highlights Tour with Christi Barbour, Oct. 21
- TrendWatch Tour with Julie Smith Vincenti, Oct. 21
- Suite Spot Tour with Circle Design Studio, Oct. 21
- Suite Spot Tour with Evette Rios, Oct. 22
For complete details on seminars, events and tours, visit www.imchighpointmarket.
For information on other upcoming trade shows, visit Stationery Trend’s Trade Show Calendar.