May 23, 2022
GSMA hosts a new Road Show this summer and its Fall 2022 Virtual Conference
The Gift Sales Manager Association (GSMA) is set to host its Fall 2022 Virtual Conference, Oct. 11-12, 2022, and announced its new Road Show that will be held during the Dallas, Atlanta and Las Vegas Summer Markets. They will be offering Interactive Educational Seminars that are open to any existing members and interested vendors and sales management consultants. A change to the bylaws now allows for any vendor to become a member of the GSMA. A 2022 Goal is to grow and expand Membership. A Membership Application can be found at GSMA – Home (wildapricot.org).
Road Show Schedule
Dallas Market Center |Tuesday, June 21
- 6:00 pm, 8th Floor, Room #8991/World Trade Center.
- Retail Excellence Award (REA) Retailer Panel – led by Linda Colson, vice president of sales, Mary Meyer. Drinks will be served.
AmericasMart Atlanta | Tuesday, July 12
- 6:00 pm, Building 1, Floor 16, Corridor B – Space 5 (corner of Corridor B and C).
- Family Feud – GSMA members vs. sales representative principals. Drinks will be served.
Las Vegas Market | Monday, July 25
- 6:00 pm, World Market Center, Building C, Room
- Creative Critiques – Michelle Sherrier, owner, visual merchandiser and retail consultant, MC Design Collaboration – including showrooms, catalogs and websites. Drinks will be served.
Registration for the Road Show Seminars is currently available on the GSMA Website at GSMA-Events. GSMA offers educational sessions throughout the year, including virtual Wisdom Wednesdays, bi-weekly, and is a resource for networking with fellow vendors and sales managers.
Gift Sales Manager Association
Formed in November 2002, the GSMA is an organization created for and by gift and home sales managers. GSMA uses the combined knowledge and experience of its members to discuss all aspects of sales management, with the common goal of improving company operations and increasing sales. Annual meetings and an exchange of information and ideas throughout the year, help each member more effectively and professionally manage their sales.
Its mission is to grow the industry by responding to the needs of customers, rep groups and peers through education and communication. It is a way to network with other managers and not only learn but share information, accounts, and sales representative agencies.
2022 Executive Board
- President: Maureen Carpenter, vice president of sales, nora fleming
- Vice President: Angela Reinhardt, vice president of sales, Fragrance Marketing Group
- Treasurer: Angela Knight, sales management consultant, The Center Stage Team
- Secretary: Taylor Brunson, sales analyst & relationship manager, Bella Tunno
- Special Events: Ann Nensel, sales manager, specialty channel, Peking Handicraft, Inc.
- Parliamentarian: Randy Spoor, partner, The Center Stage Team
- Immediate Past President: Peggy Maynard, sales manager, Maynard Sales Management