July 28, 2021
Gift For Life’s Feed the Hungry – Feel the Good campaign raises nearly $50,000
Gift for Life, the gift, stationery and home décor industries’ leading charitable organization, announced that its Feed the Hungry – Feel the Good fundraiser yielded nearly $50,000 for World Central Kitchen, an organization which distributes individually packaged, fresh meals in communities that need support during times of crisis.
The campaign, which ran in connection with this summer’s Atlanta Market (July 13-19), raised a total of $48,403 for World Central Kitchen. Individual donations ranged from $50 to $1000, with large gifts from J Douglas, Loloi Rugs and Worlds Away and a $10,000 matching grant from International Market Centers.
“Nearly $50,000 translates to almost 5,000 meals and 30 restaurants supported,” said Cole Daugherty, chair of the Gift for Life board. “We are grateful for the industry’s support of our first at-market fundraiser for World Central Kitchen, and hope that we can continue this momentum in August for campaigns connected with the Retailer Excellence Awards and Las Vegas Market.”
Through Gift for Life’s Feed the Hungry – Feel the Good campaign, participants qualified to win raffle prizes which featured nine unique prizes secured by IMC: five two-night hotel stays redeemable during the January 2022 Atlanta Market and another four hotel packages redeemable at any time, based on hotel availability. Donors of at least $50 were eligible for the raffle drawings.
- Stu Teller – Four Seasons Midtown (value $600)
- Jen Dolan – Loews Midtown (value $450)
- Randy Eller – Renaissance Midtown (value $450)
- Caroline Kennedy – Twelve Downtown, Autograph Collection (value $620)
- Amir Loloi – Westin Peachtree Plaza (value $500)
- Allison Sherill – Atlanta Marriott Marquis (2-night stay with complimentary valet parking)
- Jess Remillard– Hilton Atlanta (2-night stay with dinner for 2 at Trader Vic’s)
- Renee Marie Lee – Ritz Carlton (2-night weekend stay)
- Scott Smith – Westin Peachtree Plaza (2-night stay with complimentary valet parking, internet, and breakfast for 2 in The Café)
Gift For Life’s next at-market Feed the Hungry – Feel the Good Fundraiser will take place during the Las Vegas Market (August 22-26) with IMC once again committing to match donations up to $10,000. Las Vegas Market raffle prize packages include two-night stays in four hotels, with dining credits and tickets to local attractions. Connections Housing, Las Vegas Market’s official travel partner, also has donated round-trip airfare for Las Vegas Market. Donate online at: https://donate.wck.org/LasVegasMkt.