September 4, 2019
burton + Burton spearheads Balloon Month initiative in Georgia
For a decade, Maxine Burton, president and founder, and Bob Burton, CEO, of burton + BURTON have spearheaded the initiative to draw attention to Balloon Month in the State of Georgia via a balloon proclamation issued by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp. International Balloon Month seeks to raise awareness of the joy of balloons and to spotlight the economic impact the multi-billion dollar balloon industry has on the state and the world.
The theme for this year’s International Balloon Month is Green Comes in Every Color. This concept is focused on the industry’s collective commitment to promote wise, responsible decisions regarding balloons, thereby protecting the environment.
Join the challenge and take the pledge so that balloons can be enjoyed for generations to come. The #BeBalloonSmart pledge follows The Balloon Council’s motto “Don’t let go: Inflate. Weight. Enjoy.” and includes these practices:
- Do not release any balloons into the air – they can become tangled in power lines and turn into litter.
- Keep balloons secured with a string and tied to a weight.
- Children with balloons should always be monitored. Children under eight (8) years of age can choke or suffocate on un-inflated or broken balloons.
- When finished with balloons, pop them and properly dispose of them.
- Despite the funny voice helium can give you, it should never be inhaled.
For more information, visit www.balloonsliftup.com for updates and special promotions offered by The Balloon Council.