January 12, 2018
Mud Pie Celebrates 30th
Mud Pie rings in the new year, celebrating its biggest milestone to date – 30 years as a business in the wholesale gift industry.
Mud Pie has experienced tremendous growth since it was founded in 1988 by current visionary and CEO, Marcia Miller. The humble beginings of the brand started with no warehouse, three employees, ten licensed terracotta figurines and a one page catalog printed at a local photo store. Today, Mud Pie has 160 employees, 13,000+ items in Home, Kids and Fashion, and 750+ catalog pages with thousands of professionally shot product images.
The company’s success is built on its reputation for high quality, value-driven products and a commitment to serve as valued business partners to retailers. Mud Pie prides itself on offering retailers the tools they need to sell their products:
– Assigned customer service and credit support teams to assist retailers
– Product photos and videos available for retailer marketing
– Merchandising, training, social media, and brand videos
– Lifestyle partnerships with nationally known influencers
– 360,000 social media fans
– A wholesale website with features such as:
× Online invoice payment
× Shipment tracking information
× Order history from up to 2 years prior
× Produt descriptions with care instructions, measurements and inventory levels (online)
Mud Pie introduces additional enhancements for 2018
– An updated logo and brand guidelines to reinforce the brand across all channels
– An automated distrubution system, coming to the warehouse in Spring 2018, which will substanitally increase Mud Pie’s distrubution capacity and speed delivery to stores.
– The launch of the OneCoast Mud Pie Fashion Division, a specialized team of experts to serve as stylists help retailers build the right assortment for their stores.
Mud Pie has used its success to give back, supporting the March of Dimes, the American Cancer Society and other worthy causes through monetary donations and gifts. The company has donated $650,000 to the March of Dimes since 2013, with an additional commitment of $150,000 in 2018 and has supported the American Cancer Society with a $100,000 donation in 2017 and 2018.
Throughout its 30 years in business, both Mud Pie and Miller have received national attention:
– REA Supplier of the Century Award Finalist
– Two mentions on Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-growing, privately-help companies
– Six Earnie Awards, including Company of the Year in 2015 & 2016
– Two ICON Honors
– Nomination for EY Entrepreneur of the Year
Mud Pie looks to set another record-breaking year to celebrate its 30th anniversary by continuing
to focus on products and services that add inspiration and joy to everyday celebrations.