August 21, 2019
GCA presents educational sessions during Oceans of Opportunity
The Greeting Card Association (GCA) will offer educational sessions and panels at its upcoming Oceans of Opportunity workshop and retreat being held Sept. 18 through 21, 2019. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and connect with GCA members and others in the greeting card industry through both individual and group interactions.
Sessions & Panels
- Sadie Piller, merchandising director for Paper Source, will talk about greeting cards in the key account channel. What’s working, what’s not, and how to best present your products to key account buyers who are committed to the greeting card category.
- Patti Strong, senior director consumer marketing services for American Greetings, will share with us how, with the explosion of digital communication and rapidly changing social norms, it is more important than ever to know how consumers are thinking about and using greeting cards.
- Lindsay Henry, founder and owner of Inklings Paperie, will share how the combination of “heart and hustle” has made Inklings a retailer and consumer favorite, and an award winning stationery and lifestyle brand.
- Kristy Lewis, national marketing director for Hallmark Cards, will answer the question “are greeting cards still relevant?” She will share how Hallmark developed new strategies that invited consumers to experience the power of greeting cards.
- Amanda Fergusson, CEO for the UK Greeting Card Association will speak on what’s happening in the business of greeting cards “across the pond” and what the U.S. industry can learn from fellow UK publishers and the changes happening in their market.
- Speed Dating will engage participants with GCA associates, industry vendors and suppliers, by sharing the latest tips, trends and techniques involving new papers, finishing processes, production techniques and display solutions.
For more information, visit https://www.greetingcard.org/2019-workshop-retreat-agenda/.