November 29, 2018
Five retail trends to watch in 2019
In 2018 consumers have continued to turn to multichannel shopping and seeking out companies featuring products with purpose or focused on a cause. These trends will continue into the new year and redefine retail, according to Jia Wertz, CEO of Studio 15.
In a contributed article to Forbes, Wertz details five trends that will redefine retail in the coming year:
- Brands as a culture: Consumers, particularly millennials, are taking a close look at corporate resonsbility and social consciousness.
- Speeding up e-commerce shipping: The time consumers are willing to wait for a product to arrive at their home is decreasing.
- Experiential retail: Online and in-person stores are becoming destinations as consumers look for engaging experiences.
- Subscription e-commerce: Consumers are looking for personalized experiences and reccomendations from retailers. This has paved a quickly growing path for subscription services.
- Multichannel as the new norm: An online presence can help retailers capture new leads and convert them to in-store shoppers — or vice versa.