July 20, 2017
Contemporary design drives innovation at NY NOW
NY NOW®, the Market for Home, Lifestyle + Gift, will once again be at the forefront of the design community by bringing together a curated collection of brands for its exclusive Accent on Design® section at the upcoming summer 2017 market. As part of NY NOW’s HOME Collection, Accent on Design is the industry’s leading resource for innovative, design-led merchandise for more than 30 years. It presents established and emerging design brands that continually push the creative envelope and change the way we look at every day. This section will be open Sunday, Aug. 20 through Wednesday, Aug. 23 within the 3700-4200 aisles on Level 3.
“This summer, we’re pleased to welcome more than 25 design brands making their NY NOW debut in Accent on Design. The brands featured demonstrate that innovation comes in many forms. From iconic design to technology that changes our everyday, these brands are on the cutting edge of the design industry,” said Randi Mohr, Group Show Director, NY NOW and Vice President, Emerald Expositions. “We’re excited for buyers to see the incredible mix of products in Accent on Design — across all categories, for any budget, and from all corners of the world.”
Applicants are selected based on original, creative and authentic product design; new and innovative use of materials and/or process; products which address and solve problems; a focus on contemporary design (as perceived by the committee); functionality; and consistent and continuous new product introductions.
More than 180 brands will participate in the Accent on Design section this August. Showcasing the latest contemporary and innovative design trends from a wide range of product categories, some of the new and returning brands on display include:
- Blomus (Booth #3820; Returning from an absence) – Decorative accessories, kitchenware, tabletop, outdoor lighting and garden accessories
- Droog (Booth #3921 – NEW) – Decorative accessories, lighting, garden
accessories, and dinnerware
- Flavor Paper (Booth #3813 – NEW) – Wallpaper
- Fornasetti Profumi (Booth #3910 – NEW) – Decorative accessories
- Frama (Booth #3921 – NEW) – Decorative accessories and lighting
- Iacoli & McAllister (Booth #4225 – NEW) – Jewelry
- Most Modest (Booth #3732; Returning from an absence) – Technology goods
- Souda (Booth #3901; Returning from an absence) – Decorative accessories, home furnishings and tabletop
- Stelton (Booth #3740; Returning from an absence) – Kitchenware, tabletop and decorative accessories
- Studio Orfeo Quagliata (Booth #3824; Returning from an absence) — Decorative accessories, home furnishings and jewelry
- That! (Booth #4062 – NEW) – Kitchenware and tabletopIn addition, the Accent on
Design section will include several international groups offering stunning collections of products from local designers in various countries. Some of these groups include:
- Design Ireland (Booth #4162) – A collection of seven brilliant Irish designers showcasing decorative accessories, home furnishings + textiles, tabletop, handmade, and more
- Fresh Taiwan (Booth #3930) – A collection of 10 brands showcasing kitchenware, home furnishings, lighting, tabletop, stationery, and more
- SOURCE South Africa (Booth #3836) – Featuring authentic, handcrafted tabletop products from various local South African designersA full list of the exhibitors showcasing products within the Accent on Design section can be found here. To register to attend and experience everything that the Accent on Design section has to offer, or for more information on NY NOW, please visit nynow.com.